Saturday, December 13, 2008

Shop With A Cop!!

About 4 or so years ago, my cousin Gatlin did his eagle project that involved the whole family, he chose to do the breakfast for shop with a cop, and that has started a great family tradition. Every year since my family has funded and cooked the breakfast and then we set up and serve the kids and cops breakfast before there big shopping trip. This is the most indescribable experience that i will ever fill, you have so many mixed emotions, happy, sad, and a very humbling. Through the years doing this i have grown so much. I am so thankful for the opportunity that i have had to help with it, and for this great and wonderful organization that has been put together for those in need. I have some neat pictures that i will post later that will show you a little bit about how neat this is. Thanks everyone for letting me be a part of this and for my family for taking the time to put this together. I love you guys!!!

3 comments:

Nick and Amera said...

I cant wait to see the pictures. I did wake up to the sirens this morning and me and Coy watched out our window at all the flashing lights going up behind our house! I dont exactly know what shop for a cop means, so im excited to see the picts are like. I do however know its a "sub for Santa" thing but like anything else, I dont know the entire detail. Anyway, hope today with all the work you guys did pushed Mandy into Labor!! We're so excited to hear the fun news when she does! That is so great of gatlin to start such a sweet family tradition that is so humbling to even hear about.

Danielle Christiansen said...

How wonderful that you are in a position to help those less fortunate. It is a wonderful thing and a great family experience for all of you.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing family tradition. If there is ever a need of extra funds, please let me know. My husband and I would be more than willing to donate. What a perfect was to kick off the holiday season.